Base Leadership Job Outcomes
This document may be superseeded by this article: Job Outcome Guidelines for all levels of Leadership Teams
Base Leadership Job Outcomes Questions
These guidelines have been approved by the GLT as a means of helping YWAM leaders and leadership teams to understand what outcomes (or results) they should be aiming for. No individual leader could satisfy the entire range of outcomes, but our objective is to develop teams that can aim for these standards. This is not a list of laws or requirements but the guidelines should be used to lead us into greater effectiveness. Each leadership quality listed is in alignment with YWAM Foundational Values and is consistent with the vision and goals into which we have been led. Please use these guidelines prayerfully and lovingly as a means of encouragement in your part of the family of ministries.
This document is designed as an evaluation tool to be used once or twice a year.
- - spiritual growth towards Christ likeness in all aspects of the mission
- How are the YWAM values personally embraced, modelled by the leadership team and imparted through the mission?
- Have we encouraged an environment created for worship, intercession, freedom for the Holy Spirit and openness to receive the word of the Lord? How?
- What actions demonstrate a "commitment to seeking God, hearing his voice and following through in obedience, personally and as a leadership team and encouraging those they serve to do the same"?
- - an environment developed for the initiating, adopting, birthing and releasing of vision and ministry
- How have we made every effort to process "the agreed words of the Lord/global vision processed through the GLT"?
- Do we have an environment of faith and vision nurtured throughout the ministry? What are signs of such?
- Over the last year, have our ministry strategies been birthed through prayerful processes with the community and confirmed by the leadership team and communicated clearly to all?
- How have the staff been encouraged, authorised and enabled to develop and execute ministry?
- Are we preparing and releasing leaders to establish new ministries in unpioneered areas? What practical actions demonstrate this?
- In what ways have we had proactive cooperation and partnership with the broader body of Christ?
- - functioning effectively in team and modelling care, support, accountability and the development of leaders, staff, students, marriages and family
- Have we demonstrated our "unity and commitment to the local and global YWAM family" through regular visits to ministries by the leaders responsible for them, involvement in gatherings of all YWAM staff and leaders and regular communication with them?
- In what ways have we seen the release and development of YWAM leaders through appropriate and timely orientation, equipping, debriefing and delegating of responsibility and authority with the right level of coaching?
- Have we been available to and ensured encouragement and accountability to:
- leaders who serve you and who you report to;
- one another in the leadership team;
- those you serve and who report to you
- How has different expressions of the family of ministries been encouraged & appropriately linked to leadership teams to enable communication, cooperation and coordination at all levels?
- What was the result of a leadership review initiated by the next higher level of leadership, on a regular basis to spur on growth, communication and ensure right placement in ministry?
- Have we been a leadership team functioning corporately through sharing responsibility and decision making according to the complementary mix of giftings, strengths, ages, gender, ethnic groups and family of ministries?
- - Good stewardship of all the resources that God has entrusted to the mission implementing the appropriate legal and financial processes and systems
- How have we exercised integrity and transparency in financial accounting systems and all legal matters processed through leadership teams and legal boards as appropriate? Would others agree?
- Has there been wise development and use of a legal board (that functions and develops according to YWAM guidelines.)?
- Is there a resource list of people available for mediation and arbitration purposes for quick response to issues arising? Is that been put into the hands of staff and encouraged about it's use in this year?
- Are their systems developed for aspects of the overall functioning of the mission as required. For example: personnel, fund raising, staff care & development, communication, public relations, health & safety issues, etc...?
Principal Leader of the Team - Encouragement Points
- Establish the general point of contact
- Convening meetings and formulating agendas
- Taking responsibility for making sure the team is well chaired
- Ensure representation from the leadership team for YWAM commitments, legal boards, significant events ...
- Facilitate accountability for the roles of all members of the leadership team
- Other members of the leadership team report to this person
- Maintain a broad heart for the whole vision of YWAM
- Have an aptitude for all four of the roles above to enable understanding of what is required
- Responsible for seeing that team building takes place for the leadership team
- Take primary responsibility for the recruiting of essential staff & leaders
- A term of office of 5 years, that is renewable following a major review, is recommended for base, national and regional roles for geographic and family of ministry leaders.
Original PDF of This Page
Expansion of This Document
There is an expansion of this document  which adds the following section on Self leadership and one extra question into the Operational Leadership section:
- Are you enjoying intimacy with God?
- Are you walking out your God-given call to lead?
- Are you humbling yourself and serving?
- Are you a person that walks in integrity?
- Are you free from major sins and addictions?
- Are your marriage, family and co-worker relationships in order?
- Are you consumed by God's love for people and sharing your faith?
- Are you aware of your strengths and able to staff your weaknesses?
Converted from PDF to wikimarkup at Mon, 5 Mar 2007 00:02:43 +0100 with pdf2wiki script.