Discipleship Training School
|TRANSLATIONS - English (en) Deutsch (de) español (es) français (fr) हिन्दी (hi) 한국어 (ko) Nederlands (nl) português (pt)|
|» Purpose & History » Lectures » Practical Phase » Planning » After » Teaching » DTS Categories » Staff Training » Help|
The Discipleship Training School (DTS) is the entry point for all wishing to serve in the mission and is hence a vitally important course to run well. This page is intended to be a good point to start exploring the many articles covering the DTS programme.
The DTS is typically six months long and split into two phases:
The Discipleship Training School
The Purpose, Vision and History.
- Purpose of a DTS (formalised as The Stated Purpose of a DTS).
- History -- It's all about the Map!!!
- Knowing God.
- Purpose of the Outreach.
- Being Live/learn community is a key concept in our Discipleship.
- DTS Curriculum.
Interesting Variants on a standard six month school.
- Category:DTS Planning - Useful documents when planning schools.
- Registering Courses Online with the University of the Nations.
- Category:DTS Leadership - What every DTS leader needs to know.
- Category:DTS Leader Training - Articles that help equip all staff working on DTS'.
- The Basic Leadership School is a proven training programme for training DTS leaders "on the job".
- Category:DTS Administration - Articles that outline what needs to be done and how to do it well.
- Category:DTS Teaching Resources - Valuable resources and articles useful for DTS leaders to use.
- Category:DTS Lecture Notes - Articles produced from notes of DTS Lectures.
- Category:DTS Discipleship Subject - General documents to do with subjects to teach.
The Practical Phase is often referred to as the Outreach Phase.
- Outreach - Best Practice.
- Where am I going on outreach? - Selecting an Outreach Location.
- Category:DTS Outreach - Lots of help to prepare and lead excellent DTS Practical Phases.
- Joining YWAM as Staff - How to help students make the transition to become staff and other important information.
- Join one of the YWAM New Teams doing evangelism and church planting.
- Returning Home.
- University of the Nations (UofN) - following a DTS student can become staff with YWAM and pursue other U of N training programmes too.
- List of 2nd level schools which can be followed right after a DTS.
- International DTS centre.
- Any National training director, if one is appointed!
- U of N DTS Workshops and other International DTS training event.
- People here on the KnowledgeBase - just ask a question!
- The Training category and Teaching resources category hold helpful articles general to teaching.
- Check out this school planning tool.