Lecture: Little foxes
This is one of the most memorable teaching I had during my DTS. Below are the notes that I made of the teaching. It still gives me a lot of joy that this is from Songs of Songs. Are you ready to catch your little foxes too?
- feelings that enter in our life, our relationship with God.
Text Songs 2:12-15
"Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom."
1. What Are Little Foxes?
- These are small sins in our lives.
- The smaller they are they will also destroy our communion with God.
Sex. Fantasies come through your mind. Like a drug. It enters your body, brings fantasies that satisfy your body.
2. Man's Point of View.
- Fox A. Jealousy & Envy. You desire something what the other person has.
- Fox B. Murmuring & Complaining.
- Is you to make sound that is low and soft, whispering.
- To deplore
- To grumble, to speak in a low voice.
- To speak secretly.
- To speak badly about someone, to criticize. Not satisfied, not happy with what is going on.
- Fox C. Gossip. You tell a secret and/or to speak negative things.
- Fox D. Pride. A high opinion of yourself.
- Fox E. Lies. Excuse or protection.
- Fox F. Anger. The strong displeasure or sorrow manifested.
- Fox G. Friendship with the world. Is liberal, I'm free. I give more to the world than to God. Our will -> We will get it Our desire -> We wait till we get it.
- Fox H. Consumption. It is a strong desire, excessible, disordered.
- Fox I. Disobedience. "It is not necessary to obey but to believe," says a person who is disobedient.
- Fox J. Apathy. Neutral
- Fox K. Laziness. Lack of work. Not occupied.
- Fox L. Negativity. "I'm realistic." Like being in the desert - see Fox B.
Good, perfect, pleasing Rom 12:1,2 Will of God.
- Fox A. Gal 5:19-21.
- Fox B. Num 14:26-29, Phil 2:12-14.
- Fox C. Rom 1:29-31.
- Fox D. Prov 16:15.
- Fox E. Prov 26:18-19.
- Fox F. Jam 1:20.
- Fox G. Jam 4:4.
- Fox H. 1 Joh 2:15-17.
- Fox I. 1 Sam 15:22,23.
- Fox J. Rom 12:11, Jam 4:17.
- Fox K. Eze 16:49, Ef 5:4.
- Fox L. Ps 108:13, Luk 18:27.
An empty mind is the devils workplace.