Opportunities and Responsibilities for YWAM Board members
30th March 2011
Following a board meeting in Brussels, YWAM Belgium clarified the following regarding board members.
In general in all organisations a board member has responsibility and opportunities for:
- Financial Oversight
- Legal responsibility moral and ethical. Policies and obligations to fulfil e.g. child protection. Health and safety, well-being workers etc.
- Representation and Advocacy of YWAM in country.
- Intermediary between agencies and YWAM.
- Relationship connections and introductions for YWAM.
- Provision of/introduction to resources (people/finances/skills).
We specifically invite our board to:
- Make decisions whether or not to accept large donations and how they should be used.
- Hold us accountable to our organisational values.
- Prayer for the organisation and its work.
- Approve appointing leadership (non-executive, ensuring that values are upheld).
In addition the members of the organisation have the responsibility towards the board:
- The Board should be informed about great matters.