|» Vision » Everything! » Starting » Pioneering Ministries » Money! » Recruiting Team? » Church Planting » Skills » Who can help?|
In order for us complete the task of the Great Commission we need to learn how to multiply our evangelism teams and increase our influence with the church to better help her to reach out. We are going to need lots more teams in a lot more locations to do this.
How to Start and Run a New Team
- Complete a DTS/SOE (See How to run an amazing DTS)
- Select city (Where do I start a New Team?; Why YWAM needs to focus on Cities; Targeting; Strategy)
- Research the city (Researching a new location; Cultural and Linguistical Orientation needed e.g. have to learn French to work in France AND understand and appreciate the culture)
Gain Skills and Support
Find out how to do start a new team and do it really well!
Gain the skills you need
- Gain specific skills (it is an evangelism and a church planting team in this case). It will never be enough to learn general team and leadership skills. A priority has to be in learning specific ministry skills or the team will lack focus and perhaps turn in on itself and fail to reach out.
- Gain general New Team Skills.
- Gain all these skills: Ministry Leadership Skills.
- Work on these skills over the next years: YWAM Base/Centre leadership skills.
Consultation and communication
- Talk to your leaders (Guidelines for starting new teams:The pathway to starting a new team)
- Start planning (Project Planning)
- Start communicating to the world about your work (Communication Briefing for a New Team; Principles for good writing and editing)
- Find others in YWAM starting new teams (e.g. Networking with Western Europe New Teams Network)
- Recruit team (How to recruit new staff)
- Raise some money (Realistic Budgets; Ministry Fundraising; more Fundraising)
- Pray a lot (Prayer Strategy for a New Team)
- Leave Brussels with Team (Partnership with sending base)
- Find a place to live (How to find a building; Why YWAM needs to be located in the city)
- Make friends in city/Finding a person of peace/Networking (Integrating into a New City; Finding a Man or Woman of Peace; Networking)
- Other's experience can help to know what to do (Case Studies)
Serving and Learning the City
- Working and encouraging/sharing in others projects (as an Exploring Phase for a New Team)
- Doing a variety of Evangelism.
- Developing and inventing strategies. (In this case an outreach café focused on university district)
Becoming More Intentional
- Recruited staff (see above How to recruit new staff)
- Raised money for Café/Hospitality. (see Fundraising)
- Church started officially.
- Dozen unchurched new members
- Rented/leased Café for outreach in university district. Open Mic night/Musicians Alpha etc. Friend evangelism. (How to Lease or Rent Property)
- Two new staff join here from Algeria and New Caledonia. (Handling Staff Applications; Visas Helping Staff Raise Personal Funds; Orientating New Staff)
- One staff member leaves to return to her local church (Returning Home; Churn rate; Exit Interview)
Developing Others and Thinking About the Next Step
- Training local people in church planting and evangelism and running a church. (Running Seminars for the Local Church; Developing people; Developing others)
- Helping two people in church invent a ministry with immigrants. (Outreach to Immigrant People)
- Running a café church in university district. Leading it with local people. (Local Ministry Volunteers)
- YWAM Staff continue to live in city and renewing lease on café space/office/church space.
- Planning the launch of a new team somewhere else to do the same thing (see this page!!!)
- A church that is trying to plant 3 others in the city too.
- A pool of local people trained to start and lead other churches
- YWAMers do Evangelism amongst young adults. University students. Training seminars in churches. Working with immigrants helping them access social services. (In partnership with local church people)
- Planted church is a bit odd comprised of young people and some immigrants and a few French families.
- New Team sent out to another city.
- Original Team leaves for another city (Carcassonne - 75Km SW). No YWAMers left!
Reflection and Review
- Problems encountered/help found and solutions implemented. Write up and pass them on here, on the KB for example