The Lord's Prayer
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father in Heaven
- What are the characteristics of a good Dad?
- Apply this to God. (Attributes of God the Father)
“Which of you, if his sons asks for bread, will give him a stone? … If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him? (Matt 7:9-11)
Hallowed be your name
- Praising God’s name is praising Him for who He is. (hallowed = holy)
“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.” (Rev 4:8)
Your kingdom come
- What are the areas in your life, or people/situations around you, where God longs to be King?
Pray for His kingdom (His characteristics) to be established there.
Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven
- Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal what to pray for. Align your heart with His heart and pray for His will to break through.
Give us today our daily bread
- What is your daily bread/the things that you need?
“Look at the birds of the air; they don’t sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?” (Matt 6:26)
Forgive us our sins…
- You are already forgiven! This is where you can open up to God, admit what you’ve done wrong, and welcome His forgiveness.
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful an just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)
… as we forgive everyone who sins against us
“Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you … First go and be reconciled to your brother, then come and offer your gift.” (Matt 5:23-24)
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one
- Turn to God afresh today, and let Him be your source of identity, of love, of worth, of acceptance, of recognition, off ………. (fill in, yourself!).
“his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength which He exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead.”!! (Eph 1:19-20)
For Yours is the kingdom, power and glory, forever. Amen
- Rest in the fact that HIS is the kingdom and HIS is the power. He takes care of you!
- Give Him the praise that He is worthy of!!! This is the core of us existing, to be with Him and enjoy Him and to respond to His love!