This is a fairly new idea for turning a conference on its head and drawing the maximum participation and energy out of a gathering.
Defining the concept
- About Unconferences: http://www.unconference.net/
- See these KB articles: Mapping Dialogue - Open Space Technology and Mapping Dialogue - The World Café.
- Wikipedia on Unconferences (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconference) and Open Space Technology conferences (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Space_Technology) an early type of Unconference.
How to do it
- How to set up an Unconference - a helpful pragmatic guide: How to DIY an Unconference
- How to set up and agenda: Agenda Creation
- Fishbowl dialogue looks very interesting as a way of having an unPanel: unconference methods fish bowl dialogue
- A method for uncovering diverse views: Spectrogram
- http://www.openspaceworld.org/ (More on Open Space meetings)
- very interesting article on planning a weekend sprint for the perl 6 programming language. A well written look at conference planning from a differ perspective... http://code.foo.no/2012/05/29/a-perl-6-patterned-hackathon