YWAM North America recently finished their Cities conference in Vancouver Canada. Dr. Ray Bakke the author of A Theology as Big as the City (ISBN 0830818901) was our guest speaker. The messages were recorded and can be listened to or downloaded at www.nexia3.com.
Our time together was an incredibly rich experience as Dr. Bakke gave our YWAMers some life changing messages of how we can minister in cities. I would encourage you to take some time and listen to some of the messages. Our world is increasingly becoming an Urban world and we as YWAM need to keep cities in our development of strategy.
At the end of the conference the Vancouver Declaration was put forward and signed by the participants of the conference. That declaration is as follows and is also attached as a PDF file.
Vancouver Declaration 2008
- We endeavour to partner with our fellow YWAM regions in other parts of the world to engage Cities.
- We endeavour to partner with the body of Christ in the transformation of our Cities.
- We endeavour to plant churches amongst the most unreached immigrant people groups in our cities and empower them to reach their own people throughout the world.
- We endeavour to start more Training Centres in strategic locations inside Cities and to increase City Ministry from our training locations.
- We endeavour to engage the issues of injustice that our society is facing such as human trafficking, domestic violence, poverty, homelessness, at risk youth etc..
- We endeavour to spread the strategic message of City Ministry throughout the YWAM world by advocacy, education, vision casting and providing practical tools.
- We endeavour that our operating locations in North America are incarnational and reflect the ethnic diversity of our Cities.
- We endeavour to reach the whole City from the powerless to the powerful with the whole Gospel.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada - 24 April 2008