Rather than spending a lot of time travelling to a meeting, how about having it through a video conference. It will also reduce our 'carbon footprint' and make Jesus happy. There is some research suggesting that virtual meeting -- without face-to-face meeting occassionally -- can lead to a reduction in collaboration. The good news however is that it can work if we make relationships a high priority.
The first place to look of course is GENESIS but there are others tools we can use, especially for simple one-to-one communication from computer to computer.
- General ways you can make use of video conferencing to develop and extend ministry.
- Skype - I use this some times when doing skype instant message. Click on video and it works. (Video conferencing with Skype)
- Facebook - With the chat you can also include video. (Video conferencing with Facebook)
- Gmail - With the chat you can also include video. (Video conferencing with Gmail)
- Hotmail - With the chat you can also include video. (Video conferencing with Hotmail)