The new guidelines for Reconciliation between YWAMers is called "Peacemaker Guidelines". The PDF can be downloaded below.
© 2009 RH&SK Barrett
- a difference in opinion or purpose that frustrates someone's goals,interests or desires.
James 4:1 What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you?
Conflict starts with our desires. Desires can be godly or ungodly. It depends on what we do with them. Desires easily become demands making my desire more important than trusting God. This response starts us down a "slope of idolatry".
When our hearts respond by trusting God and not ourselves, relationships can be reconciled and issues can be resolved
Managing Conflict on Multi-Cultural Teams
TYPE THIS BIT IN
Glorify God by Moving Toward Conflict
- Remove the log from my eye
- Examine my heart for an action or attitude that contributed to the conflict Matthew 7:3-5
- Reconcile relationships
- Repentance involves:
- Express sorrow
- Acknowledge hurt
- Confess behavior
- Promise to change
- Ask for forgiveness
- Speak to all involved
- Make no excuses
- Forgiveness means don't:
- Continue thinking about the conflict
- Use it against the other person
- Gossip about it or the other person
- Allow it to hurt the relationship
- Repentance involves:
- Resolve differences
- Agree to solutions based on glorifying God and looking to each other's interests Philippians 2:4 Look not only to your own interests but also to the interests of others
Responses to Conflict
When we ESCAPE we...
- DENY the conflict exists or refuse to act
- RUN from the situation or person
- DIE by ending a relationship
Biblical or non-Biblical?
When we ATTACK we...
- GOSSIP or talk about the situation
- FIGHT with words or power
- KILL someones reputation
Make Every Effort to Keep the Unity of the Spirit
OVERLOOK an incident if you can answer "no" to these questions:
- Is it dishonoring to God? Romans 2:21-24
- Has it damaged your relationship?
- Is it hurting other people? Luke 17:2-3; 1 Corinthians 5:6
- Is it hurting the offender?
Proverbs 19:11 - A wise man can overlook a wrong
Colossians 3:13 - Bear with each other and forgive
GO and communicate with the other person after you have prepared your heart and made sure the incident cannot be overlooked.
Matthew 5:24- Go and be reconciled with your brother
Ephesians 4:25- Go and speak truthfully to your neighbor for we are all part of the same body
Matthew 18:15 - Go and show your brother his fault
GET HELP from a facilitator (mediator) or a wise person if you need assistance or if going by yourself didn't work
Proverbs 12:15 - A wise man listens to advice
Matthew 18:16 - Go with one or two witnesses
1 Corinthians 6:4 - A wise man in the body can decide or judge in unresolved matters